Re: javax.xml.transform throwing up data?

"Scott Purcell" <spurcell@vertisinc.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am transforming a xml file with a xsl file and I am getting some
unwanted data.
> It is throwing into the HTML this line. It is messing me up downstream,
and the
> developers want me to remove it. Does anyone here know about this, or
where I may
> go to try and resolve this?
>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

If you are generating HTML output, the XSLT recommendation requires the
processor
to generate a META tag.  See:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-HTML-Output-Method

Some processors have a proprietary extension to disable this.  Consult your
processor's
documentation to see if it does.

If you're not generating HTML, then set the appropriate method on the
stylesheet's
xsl:output element.

Dave