Re: FOP formatting tables inside a list

Danny Vint wrote:
I have a document in which a table is inside a list. The table borders format as if the list indent is not there (flush with the left margin), but the text in the table obeys the indents of the list (first column of text is in line with where the text of the list item would appear and the other columns are pushed outside the table borders, but the are formatted for the widths that I specified for the table).
One of the problems is that the spec is so convoluted
at this point that I never found out whether this is
actually a bug, though it is certainly unexpected. One
of the interesting points was that Netscape 4.0 behaved
similarly, and nobody could tell me wehther this was
just a problem with the CSS implementation or intentional
(FO is to a large part modelled after CSS).
The indentation of the table cells is due to inheriting
it form the list (which may be a bug too).

Is there some trick to getting the table borders to be properly set in regards to the current indent level?
The trick is to add a column with the desired width and
no border and empty cells at the left, and add
start-indent="0" or whatever is desired to the fo:table.

J.Pietschmann