RE: Xalan complains about relative DTD URL in transformed document

This isn't actually an XSLT problem, it's a JAXP/SAX problem...

Specify a base URI for the source document by calling setSystemId() on
the SAXSource object, and perhaps on the InputSource object as well.

Note that a SAX parser must convert a relative URI to an absolute URI
before it calls your EntityResolver.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com