Re: book on xsl-fo?

I forgot to mention an important feature of our electronic publication that may not be evident to the first-time reader: since the book is published from XML using XSL-FO, the PDF file is extensively hyperlinked. When you click on the name of a property or formatting object you are moved to the page with the definition of that construct. When you click on a section number of the XSL Recommendation, a browser window is opened and you are brought directly to the section in the document. When you minimize the browser window and click on another section, the browser window is opened instantly to the new section without having to reload the document.

I've found this a very handy reference in that our entire book is, essentially, a different way of navigating the FO Recommendation that is published in the Recommendation document itself. I think this is a good example of the new model for publishing that is made possible when using XML and XSL-FO.

The freely downloadable preview is similarly hyperlinked so you can test this for yourself.