Re: tags and elements

Hello Elke,

if you want to copy all the elements, you have to tell it the processor. You can't manipulate the input document. At http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#copying you can find a template that copies everything to the output. If you want to add some elements, you must add some more template so that these elements will not be matched with the general one, but with the specific one:

identity transformation template:

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
<xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

specific template:

<xsl:template match="entries">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:appply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
<entry>a new entry</entry>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Hope this helps a bit,

Joerg

Naraschewski, E. wrote:
Hello,

I am just at the beginning using xslt. Right now I am doubting my comprehension of xslt. I am trying to transform an xml file into another xml file just wishing to be able to add a new element into my result file. I thought I should be able to keep all my already existing tags in the result file. Am I wrong? They all vanish. Is there a way to keep them?

The last question is, whether it is possible to ask wether an element is filled or not when using <xsl:if> or <xsl:choose>.

I am hoping to hearing from you soon.

Best regards
Elke Naraschewski

--