RE: [sly] Minimum value

--- "Avula, Raj" <RAvula at firstam dot com> wrote:

> That's really great!
> I was really thinking of writing recursive templates to this.
>

> Thanks,
> Raja..

Yes, it is great that XPath has the power to specify the minimum of a
node-set just in one expression.

However, this often comes at a price. In this case the time complexity
(speed-related) is O(n^2), which is better not used in
industrial-strength applications.

You can use a generic "minimum" template from the FXSL library (O(n)),
or you can code your own recursive named template with the same linear
complexity.

The FXSL "minimum" template allows a "less-than" function to be passed
as a parameter, thus it implements finding the minimum over any set
that has an ordering relation "<=".

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.