Re: FO: Show page number only if target is on different page

"W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@isogen.com> writes:

> automatically suppressing the "on page xx" text generated by cross
> references if the thing referenced was on the same page as the
> reference.
[...]
> Is something like this possible today or should I submit this as an
> extension requirement? Is this already a logged RFE?

Hi Eliot,

In XSL1.0, there is no way to determine on what page something is
going to end up, or whether two things will be on the same page,
Your RFE has already been recorded in other forms ([1] springs to
mind) of that general problem. But please do submit your requirement
to xsl-editors@w3.org, as another use case for this feature.

Max.

[1] "Auxiliary file feature" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2001OctDec/0014.html