PATCH: segfault in bfd with large static binary

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 17:37:00 GMT 2006

Hi H. J.

> p_paddr
>     On systems for which physical addressing is relevant, this member
>     is reserved for the segment's physical address. Because System V
>     ignores physical addressing for application programs, this member
>     has unspecified contents for executable files and shared objects.
>
> We should never check it for System V based systems.

Ok - so presumably what we need is another elf backend flag to tell us
whether or not we should pay attention to the p_paddr field, yes ?  Then
we have to make sure that we set this flag correctly for all the
different ELF targets we currently support and then modify the current
code to ignore p_paddr when it is not supported.  Right ?

Cheers
   Nick