[m68k] cleanup arch/cpu selection

Ben Elliston bje+dated+1139736487.f860a8@air.net.au
Tue Feb 7 15:13:00 GMT 2006

> This patch implements -march= and -mcpu= options to m68k's
> assembler.  It also adds a set of -m[no-]foo extension switches.  In
> addition I've rationalized the coldfire bfd_mach enumeration to work
> along the lines of architectural features, rather than chip
> numbering -- there's an ever increasing number of chips.  I've kept
> the old machine names and old assembler switches for compatibility.

This seems like a sensible proposal to me, however please ensure that
for the time being, the old-style command line options continue to be
supported.  If you like, you could emit a warning and advise the user
of the new options.  I really dislike seeing users left to work out
why their Makefiles have stopped working when they upgrade binutils.

Cheers, Ben