cosmetic install question

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex@milivojevic.org
Mon Jan 16 19:49:00 GMT 2006

Hi Nick,

> Hi Aleksandar,
>
>> I've noticed that some files get installed in /prefix/target/bin
>> (hard links to /prefix/bin) and /prefix/target/lib directories.
>> Where "target" is triplet such as sparc-sun-solaris2.9 for example.
>> Is it possible to configure binutils not to use this target-specific
>> directory (install directly in /prefix/bin and /prefix/lib)?
>
> Yes.  Try setting --exec-prefix as well as --prefix.

Thanks for the sugestion.  I've attempted to do that, however target
specific /prefix/sparc-sun-solaris2.9 directory still gets created.  It
has bin subdirectory with hardlinks back to /prefix/bin and
lib/ldscripts subdirectory.  I'd like to have it in /prefix/bin and
/prefix/lib/ldscripts only (like on my Linux systems).