[RFC] extending bfd_print_private_bfd_data

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 15:43:00 GMT 2009

Hi Tristan,

> some formats (pe, coff, mach-o) may dump a lot of information with
> 'objdump -p'.  This is somewhat boring
> if you need only to dump a specific part of that (for example only the
> characteristics of a PE file).

Is it really that hard to use grep or cut to extract the information
that you want ?

I would be hesitant about adding new code to the BFD library when it is
not really needed.

Alternatively, is there a need for a new tool, say 'coffdump' to handle
the special needs of the COFF/PE format ?

Cheers
   Nick