This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 10:02:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161012082525.3250910FDC3@oc8523832656.ibm.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/3/16 6:01 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 10/28/2016 03:53 PM, Peter Bergner wrote:
BTW, I'm also not sure about saying "default" in "show disassembler-options".
I don't think "set disassembler-options default" would work?
Do we still need that given the option is no longer described in
terms of cpus?
Uli and I discussed this here:
Uli didn't like (at least the way the code was written in the earlier
patch) how I was trying to initialize the disassembler_options
to a default. He thought that just leaving disassembler_options NULL
and letting the arch choose its default was best. That's when I added
the code to emit "default" whenever disassembler_options is NULL.
Related, "set disassembler-options" should work to clear options.
I couldn't tell whether it works from a quick skim over your
As part of my last patch:
> Secondly, I wanted a way for the user to go back to the default
> (ie, NULL) disassembler option. I could only do that first I
> removed white space. I added the comma cleanup since it was
So yes, we can go back to the NULL default.