Re: Deprecating and removing old targets

Hi Harry,

> What is the protocol for submitting patches and what are the requirements, etc?

The code in the patches should follow the GNU Coding standard:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnustandards

If the patch is "legally significant" (ie non trivial) then we
must have an FSF binutils copyright assignment from you before
we can accept the patch:

  http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Legally-Significant

Patches should be submitted to this mailing list in the form of
context diffs.  They should be accompanied by a proposed entry
for the ChangeLog(s) of the directories affected, in plain text
format.  (Not as a diff please as diffs to changelogs almost
never apply cleanly).

A patch should be accompanied by an explanation of what it does
and why it is necessary.  If relevant the inclusion of a new
testcase (or two) is always appreciated.  Also if relevant you
should mention how the patch was tested and what regressions, if
any, were caused by the patch.

Oh, and thanks very much for considering contributing to this project.

Cheers
  Nick