Re: Build issues due to patch "gprofng: a new GNU profiler" – CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW not defined

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 12:29:07 GMT 2022

Hi Tobias,

> Thanks for the commit – but it fails for
> .../bin/ld: ./.libs/libgprofng.a(gethrtime.o): in function `gethrvtime':
> obj/binutils-src-mainline-0-x86_64-none-linux-gnu-x86_64-linux-gnu/gprofng/src/gethrtime.c:131: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'

Hmm, it looks like I missed a few places where the -lrt library is needed.

Please could you try out the attached patch and let me know if these changes
(on top of the ones that have already been checked in) are enough to solve
your build problems ?

Cheers
   Nick