This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64 bit] relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:14:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [64 bit] relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32
- References: <51A1AE43 dot 3070506 at gmail dot com> <20130527093451 dot GB2483 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Il 5/27/2013 11:34 AM, Corinna Vinschen ha scritto:
On May 26 08:40, marco atzeri wrote:
trying to build octave I hit:
You can try. The general idea was that this isn't necessary.
-mcmodel=medium is default and despite the text you're quoting, the idea
was that the base address of the result shouldn't matter on PE/COFF.
Unfortunately the linker is making a fuss about that yet and maybe
there's still another problem as well.
So you have two choices:
- Try -mcmodel=large, but there's a good chance it crashes (harfbuzz
it crashed, but it could be another reason as also the second option
failed with 1.7.18-6
- Link with -Wl,--image-base-address -Wl,0x10000000 and rebase the
DLLs afterwards to some arbitrary address between 0x4:00000000 and
0x6:00000000. This should work as expected.
this worked. (-Wl,--image-base -Wl,0x10000000")
with latest 1.7.18-8 not with 1.7.18-6