Re: [ANNOUNCE] XWin Keyboard test 5

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 11:51:42PM +0200, Andrew Markebo wrote:
> / Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com> wrote:
> | On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 05:02:06PM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> | > Check the ~/.Xresources file on your Linux box
> | >
> | > You can copy it to $HOME directory under cygwin
> |
> | Thanks for the hint. I have found it in app-defaults/XTerm.
> | But unfortunately it didn't help. I have copied it to
> | /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm and to ~/.Xdefaults but to
> | no avail. Alt + <= still produces ESC [ D instead of
> | ESC ESC [ D.
>
> Hmm ~ on unix or your cygwin-machine?

On both. Regardless of from where the xterm was started.
When I start an xterm from my Linux box on the VNC on Linux
X-server it produces

        CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Shift + CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Ctrl  + CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Alt   + CrsrLeft	ESC ESC [ D

when I start xterm from the Cygwin xfree package on the VNC
on Linux X-server it produces

	CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Shift + CrsrLeft	ESC [ 2 D
Ctrl  + CrsrLeft	ESC [ 5 D
Alt   + CrsrLeft	ESC [ 3 D

but when I start a Linux or Cygwin xterm on the Cygwin X-server
it produces

        CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Shift + CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Ctrl  + CrsrLeft	ESC [ D
Alt   + CrsrLeft	ESC [ D

Weird.

>  Try xrdb -merge XDefaults when
> onto the x-server. *Tries to remember how much resources the
> applications get from the server, and how much from the client
> filesystem*

I forgot to mail that but I did call xrdb -merge explicitely, too.
Nothing new...

Thanks anyway,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.