Re: Debug of Test 15 (cgf input needed)

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 03:43:33PM -0700, Enoch Wu wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 02:58:13PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Sometimes sources are not easy to get.  Chris, is there a turf issue?
>>
>>Huh?  I have no idea what you're asking.
>>
>>What does "sources are not easy to get" mean?  AFAIK, you should be
>>able to either download snapshot sources or (preferred) check out the
>>sources via cvs.
>
>Chris, I am over generalizing.  I found the XFree86 sources everywhere.
>
>I was thinking about the setup.exe listing -- there are many "n/a" when
>I clicked the "download the source files".  I'm under the impression
>that if they are GPL'ed, then the C source files are available for
>anyone who wants to enhance them and release them in the same GPL
>spirit.

Remember this is a Red Hat sponsored activity.  What is Red Hat famous for?
Open Source.  The sources for every single Cygwin utility are available in
the same directory as the binary.  I wouldn't have it any other way, if
for no other reason, than it is the law in most cases.

The only time I've ever seen the 'n/a' next to a utility is when I'm
installing from a local directory where the sources don't exist.

Regardless, if someone is building cygwin from source they should be
using CVS or a very recent snapshot.  CVS preferred.

cgf