RE: Possible race condition notes

> I'm not sure who else is going to be doing debugging but I
> just want to
> make it clear that I'm not going to be debugging the X
> server.  This is
> the first I've heard of any race conditions in select (which
> was written
> very carefully to be race-free <which means absolutely nothing of
> course>).

I sincerely doubt that the problem is in Cygwin's select.  I suspect that
the race is due more the hack job on the timeout... I mean, it doesn't seem
correct that XFree86 on Cygwin uses a static timeout of 10 milliseconds,
when all other platforms use the same calculation to determine how long
select should wait.  XFree86 has been around for awhile and I'm sure we'd
see other hack jobs on the timeout value if it was the correct thing to do.

I believe that the file descriptors being passed to select are network
sockets only.  User input/all windows messages, are handled in a seperate
function that does not use select, nor are the windows messages ever added
to select's list of file descriptors.