This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: "Cannot open display" or XDMCP problem ?
- To: "'Robert, Francois'" <francois dot robert at it dot unisys dot com>
- Subject: RE: "Cannot open display" or XDMCP problem ?
- From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:56:31 -0400
- Cc: "Cygx \(E-mail\)" <cygwin-xfree at sources dot redhat dot com>
Ah, an easy question... I love these :)
You have to use the '-from %LOCAL_HOST_NAME%' option when using
Cygwin/XFree86 and xdmcp, where %LOCAL_HOST_NAME% is replaced with your
local host name.
start XWin -screen 0 640x480x16 -query foo.gazzy.com -from bar.gazzy.com
Eventually I'll add a section to the Cygwin/XFree86 User's Guide on this...