RE: Possibly incorrect explanation of how WaitForSomething works (and how to fix it) [RC and CGF please comment]

Currently it is a cygwin project. It uses fopen etc. I am arguing
against changing that for various reasons - and Suhaib has added another
reason or two. Cygwin/Xfree86 is very much a Cygwin project!

> >In any case, everything you suggested was stuff I hadn't
> thought of, and
> >some of your suggestions were things that I hadn't even known existed
> >(/dev/keyboard, etc.); knowing about these things will
> probably come in
> >handy in the future should I do some *nix system-level
> programming or if I
> >give up on my idea of making the X/Server independent of Cygwin :)
>
> I missed the /dev/keyboard suggestion.  That isn't a cygwin
> device, fwiw.
>
> cgf

My suggestion was to create /dev/keyboard or some equivalent to whatever
X expects on Linux etc rather than code around the missing cygwin bits.

Rob