Cygwin based server (was RE: Possibly incorrect explanation of how WaitForSomething works (and how to fix it) [RC and CGF please comment]

> >I don't really know that those have Cygwin counterparts :)
> >
> >All the lower level OS layer functions are passed through
> Cygwin; such as
> >opening files, select, sockets, etc.  I haven't touched that
> code yet.
>
> It's the "yet" that bothers me.  I don't understand your
> determination to
> remove cygwin code in a mailing list called cygwin-xfree.
>
> cgf

Ummm.... It will not be removed.  My changs to XFree86 were
accepted by XF86 ORG because it will support Cygwin/GCC.  only
hw/xwin code was pur WIN32 stuff, and in Harold case it is too.
Removing Cygwin support from various libraries under xc/program/Xserver
will cause a lot of things to break and basically loss of several
functionalities.

Anyone, beside Harold, interested in non-Cygwin based X-server should
have a look at http://sources.redhat.com/win32-x11.  I took X11R6.5.11
from X.org and heavily modified it to add several extensions and libraries.

Suhaib