RE: Compile Problems with Harold's Server...

> I think there were two possibilies.
>
> a) leave the w32api includes unchanged and modify whole xc-tree
> b) fix the occurences in w32api and leave the x sources untouched
>
> since the first would have been a lot of work, I think the second was
> the best.

Nope, first is the best.  You do not need to modify whole 250 MB code
of xc-tree it is ONLY Harold code in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin.  Therefore
that needs to fixed for namespace issues, as John reported.

I do not think it is a good idea that folks at Cygwin start patching the
headers
for every software out there.

> Of course these changes should only be made when compiling for X (or
> even just the XServer) and not for normal development.
>
> Maybe the inclusion of the affected windows headers can be
> stopped by adding
> some #define and #undef, but this is for the future when the
> XServer is
> running correctly and no other work has to be done.

The code in hw/xwin needs to fixed.  That is the best way to go.

Suhaib