From: Harold Hunt
To: Cygx (E-mail)
Sent: 4/11/2001 6:39 PM
Subject: Short-term to-do list

Looking over today and yesterday's posts I've realized that the
Cygwin/XFree86 needs to take a few steps to minimize confusion, so here
is
my proposed to-do list for the project.

1) Add an xdmcp section to the User's Guide (me)
2) Roll new Cygwin/XFree86 binary tarballs with these changes (Suhaib?)
	A) Remove the OS branching from startxwin.bat
	B) Remove XWin95.exe from the tarball
	C) Replace XWin.exe in the tarball with the XWin.exe
		from Test 17.
3) On Cygwin/XFree86's home page, remove all references to
	incompatibility with Windows 95/98/Me (Robert Collins, or me?)
4) Rename the shadow framebuffer test series to just the
	development series (me)
5) Cleanup the Cygwin/XFree86 development page to indicate the current
	status; remove references to previous test series.
6) Create an outline for a Contributor's Guide (me, mailing list
members)
7) Modify the User's Guide to indicate that Cygwin/XFree86 operates
	on all versions of Windows. (me)
8) Collect suggestions for the User's Guide (me, mailing list members)

In short, we need to release the Cygwin/XFree86 development series as
the
new stable series.  I believe that the fixes made in Test 17 will be
sufficient for an initial stable release.

We're currently wasting time answering questions that could be avoided
by
completing the items in the list above.

Thanks for you interest in the project, and start submitting suggestions
for
the User's Guide and the Contributor's Guide,