Re: Web page modifications ready for proofreading

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: "Cygx (E-mail)" <cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: Web page modifications ready for proofreading

> Robert,
>
> > Also in the news "Windows including and later than Windows
> > 95" should be
> > "Windows including Windows 95" (and later is redundant)
>
> Fixed.  It now reads "Cygwin/XFree86 now runs on Microsoft Windows 95
and
> later."
>
> > Where you discuss the installer options, please reword to
> > make it clear
> > that installing _everything_ from cygwin is ok, it's only selective
> > installation that is a problem.
>
> In that section I'm referring to the binary/text mode mounting
options, etc.
> In any case, I didn't want to have a huge elaboration of the options
right
> in the middle of the front page; thus, the redirection to the User's
Guide.
> Should I make it more clear?

Right. My concern was that people would read it and go "What can't I
install" and we'll get flooded with questions. As the binary mounting
issue only applies to xfree86 _developers_ not users, I suggest that you
either don't mention possible complications and simply state "install
all of cygwin, with the defaults (unless you are an expert user)"

 > Please put (web site) beside my name... I'm contributing code ;].
> > and (Project Owner or Leader or something) beside Suhaib.

> Huh?  I don't understand what you are requesting.

Developers
      Suhaib M. Siddiqi (Project Leader)
      John Fortin
      Harold L Hunt II
      Robert Collins (Web site maintenance)
      Dr. Peter Busch (inactive)
      Dakshinamurthy Karra (inactive)

> > And finally under acknowledgements, please insert before mumit Khan,
> >
> > "Suhaib Siddiqi", the project creator for creating and managing the
> > project..
>
> Done.

You've got a typo there: creating and "managing" not "manage".

> Can I check in?  Huh, huh, can I? :)

Not yet - this is quite different content to what was there... Suhaib
needs a chance to comment.

> Harold

Rob