Re: Missing X-server?

Hans van Zijst wrote:

> I seem to be missing the one thing I need most: the
> X-server in Cygwin. The documentation talks about
> /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat but that's one file I
> don't have. I don't even have /usr/X11R6. Am I doing
> something wrong, or did something go wrong in the
> installation?

XFree86 client libraries and the Xserver are not part of the standard
cygwin setup.  This is because they are still a work-in-progress and
aren't yet ready for official inclusion.  The development and porting of
XFree86 on cygwin is supported by a separate mailing list, website, and
download location.  See http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/ for more
information.

--Chuck