Keyboard problems

   The X server seems to make strange things under win95 at least:

Several keys when hold pressed generate series of keypress keyrelease events
(like the shift key or the right windows key)

This leads to errors in the modifiers,
if you press the left shift key followed by the right shift key
then you will get uppercased chars for any alphabetical key
until you press again the left or the right shift key and release it.

   I tested this without loading any xmodmap
and the behavior is the same (of course I then have the US keyboard layout)

   Any ideas what could be wrong here, can it be a configuration
issue or is this a server bug ?
   I tried also to run xev from a remote machine and the result is exactly
the same,
this seems in favor of a server related problem, no ?

Futhermore, the AltGr key which seemed to work for me this morning
(with the xmodmap.fr laoded), does not seem to work anymore...
strange, as I didn't change really much in my setup!

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99