RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 22

 Alan

You can put cygz fix in CVS.  It is Ok.  We will use zlib from cygwin.

I raised a questiona  while ago about xpm that not not many applications use
xpm without a X, example was given XEmacs does.  I would say stick it with
your XEmacs port then to stick into cygwin with headers, while we know Xpm
was in XFree86... this is what I called forking and creating headache for
developers on this list, because then we dual heaers adn libraries on the
system and will be have questions about.
I see libfreetype and fonts libraries hanging around and I suspect they will
popup in contrib directory, perhaps some day, just like a year ago libz did
followed by xpm.
There should be coordination and developers who are actively particapting in
cygwin development did mention the source or at least said they are same as
in Cygwin/XFree86... I classify it as forking of dll and creating a support
issues over here.

Cygipc is OK to use, but again properly it should names libipc.a, For many
applications when you run ./configure they look for libipc.a.  However, this
is a minor issue for our project.

We will mention in FAQ cygz.dll and Cygwip... my warning was about other
libraries which are already being used by Cygwin/XFree86, like libfreetype,
fonts, and xpm, start showing up in contrib I will rather take off then to
deal with issue.  If users need those libraries individually then we can
package them as separate libraries...

Suhaib