Problems editing oracle sqlplus buffer with xterm

Hi,

I recently installed cygwin/xfree and love it. However in a normal
cygwin terminal I can edit sqlplus commands using vi. With an xterm I
can't. I know this is a config problem but have no idea why

A colleague has this working with no problems. The only difference is the
OS. Hes' using 95 and I'm using NT.

Maybe some other Oracle bod experienced the same problem in the past...

SQL> select *
  2
SQL> ed
Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1* select *
SQL>

The buffer is written to disk, but I dont get a chance to edit it!

Cheers,
Alan