Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 23

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Gottwald"
<Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: "Alexander Gottwald" <Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>;
"Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>; "'Cygx (E-mail)'"
<cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 23

> > xc/config/cf/server.tmpl
> > >
> > > Doing a cvs checkout on a 64k line is not the best idea :)
> >
> > Works fine for me here - 56Kb line at home. (I use -z4, and on
servers
> > that allow it -z9). Mind you, why are you checking out? - You've
already
> > got the source, just do updates.
> >
> some weeks ago i tried update, after 2 hours I stopped it.
> update causes the same traffic. cvs sends the whole file to the server
and
> receives the diff.

It checks datestamps first. If you're finding the whole file gets sent
up, make sure you are timesynced to GMT and lookup the thread on CVS
performance in cygwin@cygwin.com (It was broken datestamps).

Also if the whole tree is too big, cd to leaf dirs with only a 100 odd
files and then cvs update. (_after fixing_ the potential date problem).

Rob