RE: no /etc/X11 in 4.0.3

Michael,

There aren't supposed to be any files in /etc/X11.  Cygwin/XFree86 is not a
port of the xfree86 server, per se, rather, Cygwin/XFree86 is a seperate
server that is part of the XFree86 project.  We do not use
/etc/X11/XF86Config etc.

I referred you to the User's Guide because the User's Guide tells you how to
install and configure correctly.  Actually, there isn't much to configure...
we detect your bit depth on startup and we shrink the specified window size
if it is too large.  Have you tried starting the server per the instructions
in the User's Guide?

Harold