RE: no /etc/X11 in 4.0.3

>From: Neil Zanella <nzanella@cs.mun.ca>
>To: Doug Reiland <dreiland@hotmail.com>
>CC: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
>Subject: RE: no /etc/X11 in 4.0.3
>Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:14:16 -0230 (NDT)
>
>On Fri, 18 May 2001, Doug Reiland wrote:
>

> > Well, I believed I followed the install guide. In fact, there was not
>really
> > much to do. unzip, and tar, right???
> > I can't get this to work, either. Seems like there are a lot of us that
> > can't get this to work. Looking at the archives, it appears that only
>one
> > person that has seen this problem has been able to move past it. That
>was
> > something about a sock proxy. I am not sure what that is.
>
>After you run the Cygwin setup.exe you have to run it again to ensure that
>all packags wee downloaded successfully as often they are not. Most lokely
>your log file will show yo tha you are missing the gzip or tar package or
>something like that. Just run setup.exe and it will tell you if some
>packages were not downloaded and it will prompt you t get them if they
>are missing. Repeat this step until all packages have been downloaded.
>
>-- Neil

I don't have any problem downloading and installing cygwin or the xfree86
stuff. My point was there is not much to it. I just can't get my xserver to
work. From the outside looking in, it appears to be the same problem as
these other posts. "can't open display" or the startx script getting "not
accepting connections".