Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ draft

/ "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
| Andrew,
|
| > Regarding, how and where to find keymaps, xkeycaps is a good program
| > to use to generate a keymap for your keyboard. I found the xkeycaps
| > swedish/finnish keyboard worked better better with cygxwin than the
| > one that came with redhat.
|
| Can you give a more detailed answer?  I don't use a xmodmap, so I really
| can't fill in the blanks that are missing :)  Could you describe in a little
| more detail what xkeycaps does?

Meanwhile, Anyone else than me that have tried some of the Redhat
xmodmaps for their keyboard?? I just did a quick test..

xkeycaps, http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/, an application written by JWZ
(yeah the netscape guy) which has a database of many known keyboard
layouts (don't know if you can sort of do xmodmaps of this out of the
source)

Basically what you do, is that you fire up xkeycaps, it asks you which
keyboard you have[1], select your layout (PC105/SUN..) select
language.. [2] write output and you get a xmodmap file..

There is a minor problem compiling xkeycaps on cygwin, you need to add
xpm I think to the libs to link with..

(I was running this through Reflection X and some characters in the
font isn't really what they should be but.. )

[1] http://flognat.myip.org/img1.jpg
[2] http://flognat.myip.org/img2.jpg

        /Andy