RE: Minimizing console window

On Wed, 30 May 2001 15:41:55 -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

>Add the /MIN flag to startxwin.bat at start xwin /B line

Ok, I put "start /min Xwin ..." in startxwin.cmd and that flushes the
original console window that the shortcut starts, and minimizes both
the log and server windows. Does the server window just inherit the
minimizing behavior of the log window?

I generally want to see the log messages only when something goes
wrong, but alas the log window immediately disappears after a server
startup fails, unless I don't use "start". Ideally the log window
should minimize and the server window should remain visible. I'd guess
I can just redirect stderr to capture the log output.

BTW, now that I've got Cygwin installed on a share and working from
there, what would I need to do on a second workstation to make the
installation available to it? Can setup.exe just patch up the 2nd
machine's registry without re-installing all the files to the share?
(I'm only really using it to support the X server.)

Thanks for the help on mount. The backslash/slash thing was what bit
me. Had a big "Doh!" moment after seeing your answer.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]