Re: new to XFree86 on Windows - questions

/ Heiko Nardmann <h.nardmann@secunet.de> wrote:
| I have a few questions after the first starting of KDE2 from my Linux machine
| using XFree86:
|
| 1. currently XFree86 seems to use an US keyboard although I have a German
| one. How/where to change this?

Search the archives for xmodmap.. :-) There are keyboards to download
and try out.

| 2. I see a title bar "Cygwin/XFree86" and some white borders to the right and
| bottom of my screen although I started XWin with 1600x1200 which is my
| WIndows resolution. How do I get full screen?

There are a switch -fullscreen if my memory doesn't fail me..

| This results in some graphics errors, too.

Most of the stuff printed out are for debugging purposes..

| 3. are there some possibilities to do some tuning? switching desktops in KDE
| is significantly slower with XFree86 than with the commercial Exceed.

The `problem' might be that the people are trying to get it to work,
writing docs and so on ;-) You can tune if you want :-)

        /Andy