RE: Copyright [cgf, please comment]

Robert,

> I'm very sorry that a request that we as a project clarify whats
> required to accept contributions (given that the source code conditions
> from the XFree86 group are very clear) other than source code (thats a
> pretty standard thing in projects) has generated such emotional heat.

Come on... people have motives for what they do.  You can't seriously tell
me that a question about copyright so soon after we agreed to disagree on
the FAQ has nothing to do with what will happen to the content of the FAQ
should the project fork.

Then Suhaib comes in with claims that "Cygwin" is a trademarked name and
that non-RedHat hosted projects aren't going to be allowed to use the term,
and I'm supposed to believe that it just happens to be a coincidence that he
chose to bring this up after I mailed the list saying, essentially, that I
was leaving?

Well, I can only say that I'm glad I'm not as dumb as you think :)