RE: Color problems

> Here they are.  I think you find them
> under extra/etc/X11/xdm ...

Thanks for the files.

But still no go. The messages remain
the same. I'm repeating my original mail
here, just to clarify the situation once more:

When starting X, I get a few of the
following messages:

Warning: Color name "[color name]" is
not defined

Where color name is black, yellow and red.

I'm also trying to run LyX, the Win32 version,
on this X server. It fires up just fine, but the
colors are all screwed up, and in the underlying
xterm, there's a lot of messages like

In LoadXPM [pixmap.c 409] error reading
[path and file name of XPM file] (Can't get color)

and

X can't find color "[color name]". Set to "black"!

What can I do about this? Should I have some
environment variable point to some sort of
RGB database?

After this posting, I have confirmed that rgb.txt
is present, and that "showrgb" yields the correct
result (that is to say, it doesn't give me any error
messages).

I now also have .Xdefaults and .Xresources
in my $HOME dir.

This is really starting to bug me. I can't believe
I'm the only one who has this problem...?

- IT