RE: XDM problem

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

> The following message from Alexander Gottwald (mail arcive) might answer
> your question.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q2/msg01780.html

I don't think so.

> > > Does XDM work on cygwin xfree86 ? When I try to run it from a bash
> > > console, I got permission problem.

Only root wants to run xdm?

Please try "xdm -debug 1". digging through the source i found the following
lines:
    /*
     * Only allow root to run in non-debug mode to avoid problems
     */
    if (debugLevel == 0 && getuid() != 0)
    {
        fprintf (stderr, "Only root wants to run %s\n", argv[0]);
        exit (1);
    }

HTH, bye
	ago

 http://www.gotti.org
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017