RE: Color problems

> Is this problem specific to LyX or do you see with other clients too?
> Sorry if you have already answered it.

It is not specific to LyX.

LyX is however my biggest concern because it was is the
reason I installed XFree86 in the first place and also because
the area for writing the document itself within LyX appears
black, with black text, and any attempt to change this just
renders all of LyX in black. As long as this situation persists,
I can't produce the written documentation that I'm supposed to,
and which is now long overdue.

What is specific to LyX is the message:

In LoadXPM [pixmap.c 409] error reading
[path and file name of XPM file] (Can't get color)

which I haven't seen elsewhere, yet. I suppose,
however, that this is just because I haven't ran that
many other applications yet and that it is a general
problem related to the same color problem.

I mean... it quite clearly spells out that it can't find the
colors it needs. I have this fix idea that this is a configuration
problem. The only place I have seen any configuration related
to rgb.txt is in XF86Config where RgbPath is set, and set
correctly too I might add. Are there any other configuration
files or envrionment variables that should point to this file?

- IT