RE: Info on "Can't open display"

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Christopher Landrieu wrote:

> Therefore, TeraTermSSH is successfully making a working X connection to
> localhost:0.0.  TeraTermSSh in this case is technically an X client.  The
> only programs that fail to successfully connect are the local X clients from
> XFree86.

Do you have access to any other non cygwin xclient? If so please check if
it has the same problem connecting to connect.

> Also, the local X clients cannot even connect properly to a remote X server.
>   I believe that the TCP/IP connection is being established successfully but
> that these local X clients are not successfully setting up the X11 protocol
> connection.  This is because when I try to run "xterm -display
> remote-x-server:0.0", I can see the connection openned on the remote machine
> ("netstat -np" as root on my linux box).  I believe the X server is then
> dropping the connection (like when I do the "telnet localhost 6000" test).

AFAIR, Harold has found some pdf files explaining the X11 connection protocol.
Harold - I've not found them on you homepage anymore. Are they still around.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017