RE: Cannot start Xfree86

You nee to put this in your Config.sys and reboot.

shell=C:\Command.com /e:4096 /p

I suggest get ride of Zone Alaram, and replace it with Tinyfirewall
(http://www.tinysoftware.com). Tinyfirewall is better, at least does not
mess around
With display.  When promptem for "trying to conect xxx" check the box for
permanent.. and hit Permit button.

Suhaib