RE: X server won't start in win95a

Raymond,

Do this:
1) Open an MS-DOS Prompt
2) cd %CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin, where %CYGWIN_ROOT% is your Cygwin
installation root, e.g. c:\cygwin
3) Run 'XWin', not startxwin.bat, with no parameters
4) Send in the messages that appear in the MS-DOS Prompt window

If you see absolutely no output, following the above steps, let us know.
Otherwise, send in the output.

Thanks,

Harold