Re: kernel patch for "Can't open display"

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 10:18:17AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>Mark,
>  Are you aware that the GPL requires you to make your sources available
>if you distribute a binary?
>
>I think it's great that you've developed a patch for this, If you were
>to create patch and changelog and send it to cygwin-patches, it's
>probably small enough not to need a rights assignment. Then the "kernel
>folk" (Chris or Corrina for this one I think :]) will almost certainly
>look at it.

I'm sorry but this is not a fix.  It's a workaround.  I would not accept
a patch which just made sockets ignore the close-on-exec problem.

I applaud the fact that Mark took the time to figure out what was going
on, though.  That is extremely rare.  It would be great if someone could
figure out how to make this work correctly.

cgf