RE: modifier oddity

Well, where do I begin?  Looks like the strange behavior with the modifiers
isn't the problem, although strange, it was a red herring.  It does take up
5-10% of my cpu when I hold down alt, but that isn't a big deal I suppose.

So it seems that my first problem was the meta vs. alt problem.  I have that
figured out at least a bit.
I use the alt modifier on mouse clicks to move the window in my window
manager (in x) (I use fvwm2)
It seems now that after I minimize the "Cygwin/XFree86" window (in windows),
then work with other windows sometimes (not every time), the alt and mouse
clicks don't work.  I have to leave the cygwin/xfree86 window and go back a
few times, then it starts working again, as if by magic.

I thought it might be fvwm2, since it's not in your list of ported apps, and
I compiled it from the source, but I tried twm, which came with it and I see
the same behavior.

If this isn't enough information, let me know, I will do anything you want.

--
Jeff Walker                   MatchLogic, Inc.
jwalker@matchlogic.com        7233 Church Ranch Blvd.