DejaGnu

I'm trying to run DejaGnu on gcc on my Windows NT box.  First it
complained about not being able to find init.tcl which I fixed by
renaming the src/tcl directory to src/tcl8.0.  Now when I type
runtest --tool gcc
in the src/gcc/testsuite directory it does this:
bash-2.02$ runtest --tool gcc
/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/whoami.exe: cannot find username for UID 500
    while executing
"exec whoami"
    (file "/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/share/dejagnu/runtest.exp" line 524)
bash-2.02$ whoami
whoami: cannot find username for UID 500
Can someone who has run DejaGnu on gcc give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Adam