Re: DejaGnu

At 09:04 AM 4/2/99 EST, N8TM@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/2/99 2:08:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, adam@ideogram.com
>writes:
>
>> bash-2.02$ whoami
>>  whoami: cannot find username for UID 500
>>  Can someone who has run DejaGnu on gcc give me some pointers?
>As there is no whoami on cygwin, I simply edit that script to remove all the
>attempts to find a username, leaving only the fixed "unknown" assignment.  A
>more general fix would be for the script to check whether whoami is
>implemented before trying to invoke it.

Actually, I don't think the problem is that there is no "whoami" for Cygwin
(I have one and I didn't build it myself!;-)).  I think Adam's problem is
just a configuration one.  Actually, I forget the details of setting up
whoami to work (even though I guess I did it at one point since it works
fine for me!;-)) but I'm quite sure I remember it being discussed on the list.
One could always check the archives!;-)  In any case, as you pointed out,
"fixing" whoami is not critical to solving Adam's current problem.

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02482-7797               http://www.rfk.com