Re: Cygwin Fonts

From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) <lhall@rfk.com>
>At 01:50 PM 4/6/99 -0500, Natarajan (Ravi) Murugaiyan wrote:
>>
>>I am running cygwin version B-20 on Windows NT version 4.0.
>>The only fonts showing up for selection in the properties window
>>are 'Lucida Console' and 'Raster Fonts'.
>>
>>How can I make available to cygwin other fonts like Arial?
>
>That's not a Cygwin issue but a console (cmd.exe) issue.  I'm not sure how
>you get other fonts with the console.  It may well be that you need to have
>fonts which are specifically "console" fonts installed...

The console is restricted to monospaced fonts. It won't show Arial
because that's a proportional font. (I don't know why it doesn't show
Courier New, though.)

--
Ross Smith ................................... mailto:ross.s@ihug.co.nz
.............. The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand ..............