RE: Performance of g77 in Cygwin CD

> In a message dated 11/4/99 12:22:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> alex.klinsky@scientist.com writes:
>
> > As the backend is new on the Cygwin 1.0 CD i have a few
> questions>
> >
> >  1. Is the performance improved for g77 ?
>  I would second Suhaib's recommendation to build and
> install gcc-2.95.2.

But I highly recommend not to replace (overwrite) gcc which
ships with Cygwin 1.0 CD.  If you download pgcc-2.95.2 for Cygwin v
1.0 CD from my URL
(http://siddiqi.webjump.com)  please install it in /cygwin/usr/local
so you can use g77 and java compiler.
BTW. the libf2c and other patches from Mumit's are applied.

Suhaib