Re: INSIGHT

Reid Thompson <jreidthompson@yahoo.com> writes:
> where can i find the instructions for installing INSIGHT -- the link
> gives me the download, but there is no README or obvious location for
> installation instructions???

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/ contains
binaries for various Insight snapshots, including the 1999-11-01. Here's
the list of files that correspond to 1999-11-01:

  README.insight
  README.insight-19990727
  README.insight-19991101
  insight-19990727-cygb20.tar.gz
  insight-19990823-cygb20.tar.gz
  insight-19991101-cygb20.tar.gz

The confusion comes partly from the way the link is referenced on the
Cygwin page -- it links directly to the distribution file, and not to
the folder on the site.  Most Unix users are used to this sort of
convention, and typically know how to unpack and .tar.gz file and so
on, and it's become a bad habit to come to expect it from everybody
else as well.

Please visit ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/
and look at the README file.

Regards,
Mumit