X applications only work for Administrator

I hope the answer to this problem is as simple as the last one, but it's
baffled me for several hours now...

My installation:
   Suhaib's cygwin-xfree-4.0-cygwin-v-1.tar X11R6 distribution
   cygwin-inst-19991122.tar.gz
   cygwin1-19991123.dll

I'm using X-Win32, and I have the same X-Win32 settings for both the
Administrator account and the cwilson account (not a member of the
Administrators group). I'm also using the same .dotfiles for both
accounts, so the environment is the same, as well.

As Administrator, xterm, xclock, etc all work fine. As cwilson, they die
with the following error:

cwilson : BELGARION : ~ > xclock
_X11TransSocketINETGetPeerAddr: getpeername() failed: 128
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: ...SocketINETGetPeerAddr() failed:
Error: Can't open display: 127.0.0.1:0.0
cwilson : BELGARION : ~ >

Here's the clincher: if I add cwilson to the Administrators group (and
make NO other changes) xterm and xclock work. If I then, while logged in
as cwilson, using cwilson's new "Admin" powers, *remove* cwilson from
the Administrators group, and do NOT log out --- it still works.

...Until the next time I log in as "cwilson" -- then I get the same
_X11Trans... errors as before.

Any ideas?

--Chuck

P.S. Since this was about x*clients*, I sent it to the cygwin list,
since I think the xfree list is about the cygwin port of the XFree86
*server*. If I was wrong, I'll move the discussion over there...