This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why is make so bloody slow (for me)
- To: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>
- Subject: Re: why is make so bloody slow (for me)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 01:00:52 +0200
- CC: cygwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <200004072151.OAA04198@ultra.franz.com>
Kevin Layer wrote:
> >> I'm using W2K since B3 and I never saw _that_ one. On my machine
> >> PII 450, it runs fast enough. On the first glimps you wouldn't
> >> see a difference to NT4.
> >> So I would like to ask some questions:
Could you do me two favors?
- Please try that `make -debug' with the latest snapshot from
the sourceware server.
Do you see a clear speed up?
Does the SIGCHLD problem still exist?
- If changing the dll doesn't help, could you please strace
`make -debug' and send the output as .gz file directly
to my mail address (not to the mailing list, please)?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com